Monday, April 28, 2008

Advice

I have two pieces of advice to help future students in business writing and other classes. These have come from my own experiences during the semester and they seem obvious, but they do help if you make an effort.

First, don't be like me and procrastinate on your work, especially your blogs! I waited to do my blog each week on sunday and that created all sorts of problems. Sometime my Internet was down and other times I ran out of time and didn't remember until right before it was due. It will help students if they take care of small things like this during the week when they have a few minutes.

Second, it is really important to get a good group to work with on your project. I was very lucky and had a great group through no action of my own, but you can't always count on that. When you are given a chance to meet your classmates, keep in mind who you think you will work well with and who you will get along with. The project is a major part of your grade, and it is important to build a good foundation to start with.

No comments: